MEDIA APPLICATIONS OPEN SPRING 2017
The support of the media helps to ensure the success our event this year and into the future. We welcome your participation and thank you for your interest in Rockin’ River!
Your primary contact is Leah Primeau [email protected]
Please note that all media must fill out our media accreditation request form. Before filling out the form we recommend you review the info below.
Only media representatives working for accredited media companies will be considered. All media must submit the proper accreditation form and all required accompanying materials to be considered for accreditation. Other required materials include:
- A letter (on company letterhead) outlining the role of the journalist at this event. The letter must be signed by a supervising manager.
- Photocopy of media pass/credentials. The submission deadline for accreditation is two weeks before the festival starts. Late requests will only be considered at the discretion of the Festival.
*Please note there are a limited number of passes available.
There will be an on location PR team to help facilitate onsite interviews and to respond to media queries throughout the three-day festival.
Artist interview and liner requests will only be considered before the event. Please ensure you list interview requests on the accreditation form. Only written interview requests will be considered before the event. No artist interviews will be considered for the weekend of the event. Check with the media relations team on site for details.
Audio/Video Recording and Photography
The Festival’s still photography policy is the ﬁrst two songs of each artist, unless otherwise authorized. However, many performers set their own policy, some by contract, and it supersedes any that Rockin’ River Music Festival may set. Common sense, professional experience, and direction from festival staff and security prevail as the rule of the day. If you refuse to comply, you will lose your credentials for the remainder of the weekend.
*Photographers, media and video crews are not allowed on stage at any time.
No video will be allowed of the artist during a performance, unless prior approval has been granted by the artist. If you are interested in obtaining video of an artist, please submit your request 1 month prior to the festival.
No audio will be taken of artists during their performances.
Your media credentials will provide you access to all parts of the site except for the stage, backstage and the artist compound.
Festival organizers will provide a working area for your use on a ﬁrst come, ﬁrst served basis.
Festival organizers may also provide media with an on-site tour of the grounds immediately before gates open to familiarize journalists with the entire site.
Rockin’ River Music Festival reserves the right to withdraw accreditation of journalists from media organizations who abuse the privileges so extended, or put the accreditation to improper use, or act in a way that is not consistent with the principles of professionalism of their employers or the Rockin’ River Music Festival.
News & Press Releases
- July 21, 2016 It may have taken geology thousands of years to create the breathtaking natural features of the Nicola Valley, but it will only take you a two-hour drive east from Vancouver to Merritt, British Columbia, to enjoy it all.
Merritt Rockin’ River Fest brings together Canadian Country Music Association and JUNO award-winning talentJune 28, 2016 More than 50 CCMA and JUNO awards and nominations shared between the fest’s roster of performers coming to Merritt July 28-31 The best in country music talent is getting ready to rock the Coldwater River in Merritt with a roster of artists whose collective achievements add up to more than 50 Canadian Country Music Association… View Article
- June 10, 2016 Sit back, relax and take in the best views of the festival in our new Party Patios! Each Party Patio is approximately 9’ high and 40’ long x 18’ deep and includes the following: Seating Tent coverings Access to private port-a-potties Access to the Roxy Party Zone Your own personal Rockin’ River host VIP access… View Article
- June 7, 2016 Josh Gracin will be headlining the Merritt Rockin’ River Kick Off party Thursday, July 28 Merritt, BC: Before the Merritt Rockin’ River Fest gets into full swing, American country singer Josh Gracin will headline the festival’s Kick Off Party on July 28th. The country star placed fourth on the second season of American Idol and… View Article
- May 15, 2016 Country Comes Home to the Merritt Rockin’ River Fest, July 28-31, 2016 Merritt, BC: Media can now apply for accreditation for this year’s Merritt Rockin’ River Fest taking place July 28-31, 2016 in beautiful Merritt, British Columbia. The Merritt Rockin’ River Fest is going back to its country roots with a line-up that features top-selling country… View Article
- April 14, 2016 Are you ready to sing your heart out for the chance to open for Sam Hunt at the Merritt Rockin’ River Fest 2016? We’ve partnered up with some amazing pubs, clubs and casino’s throughout BC who will host our provincial vocal competition – April 15 to June 15! One club winner in each area will… View Article
- April 11, 2016 Search begins for an opening act for headliner Sam Hunt at their July 28-31 festival Merritt, BC: For those ready to sing in front of thousands of festival fans this July, Merritt Rockin’ River Fest organizers have the ultimate opportunity to offer them – a chance to open for their headliner Sam Hunt. “There is… View Article
- March 30, 2016 Merritt, BC: The summer festival season may still be weeks away but organizers are optimistic event fans will make Canadian shows such as the Merritt Rockin’ River Fest their first destination as the loonie and gas prices continue to stay relatively low. Merritt Rockin’ River Fest president and founder Kenny Hess expects to see more… View Article
- March 16, 2016 Western Canada: One of Merritt Rockin’ River Festival’s featured performers, Warner Music Canada recording artist Aaron Goodvin, is opening for internationally acclaimed and multi-platinum singer, songwriter Johnny Reid for his tour going on now across Canada. Goodvin, who was selected to be one of Reid’s opening acts for his What Love is All About Tour,… View Article
- January 18, 2016 Merritt, BC: Happening July 28-31, 2016 in beautiful Merritt, British Columbia, the Merritt Rockin’ River Fest is going back to its country roots with a line-up that features top-selling country artists and Canadian legends. “As an artist I got my start right here in Merritt,” says president and founder Kenny Hess. “It means a lot… View Article