Rockin’ River Music Fest Management appreciates the donation of all volunteer’s valuable time, hard work and dedication to assist in making the festival a success year after year. Volunteers are the backbone of any large event and we welcome our prospective volunteers to become part of the Rockin’ River Music Fest Volunteer Team!
- Volunteer Coordinator will work with the Rockin’ River Management Team ensuring all volunteers are placed in positions that meet with the needs of the various department requirements.
- Volunteer applications open April 3rd and close on opening day of the festival.
- Volunteer Coordinator will interview and approve all volunteers for the various positions.
- Volunteer Coordinating Team will provide the information /training for all volunteers within each department.
- Volunteer Coordinating Team will be on site to supervise volunteers during all hours of festival operations.
WHY BECOME A ROCKIN’ RIVER VOLUNTEER?
- Join the Rockin’ River Festival Volunteer Team and enjoy the fun and excitement of the festival while gaining great work experience!
- Volunteering is the fuel that drives a festival’s engine.
- As a volunteer you will be part of a diverse team, with one common goal … to make Rockin’ River the best festival around!
- It’s a whole lot of fun, a little hard work, and the team camaraderie builds lasting friendships.
HOW TO BECOME A ROCKIN’ RIVER VOLUNTEER?
To volunteer is both a great privilege and responsibility, so to qualify you must meet certain requirements:
- You must be 19 years of age to volunteer.
- We do allow minors (must be 16 years or older) to volunteer only if they are accompanied by a parent/guardian of legal age volunteering with them. Parents/guardians must be willing to volunteer for the same shifts as the minor.
- Volunteering privileges are subject to the discretion and approval of the Volunteer Coordinator.
- All volunteers must submit a Volunteer Application.
WHAT VOLUNTEER POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE TO SIGN UP FOR?
- Our volunteer staff is involved with many aspects of the festival operations ranging from pre-event set up, traffic control, ushering, delivery & pick- ups, clean-up, post event take down and including everything in between… There are many jobs and lots to do to ensure the festival runs smoothly.
- A little hard work, a whole lot of fun & team spirit are the recipe for success for the past 4 years, and we look forward to working with all of the volunteers to continue that tradition!
- Details of various volunteer positions that are available are outlined on the Volunteer Application Form.
VOLUNTEER CATEGORIES & JOB DUTIES
Where would you like to volunteer? Rockin’ River has many areas that require a volunteer’s assistance. Here are a few of the positions we offer:
- Pre-Event Set Up / Post Event Take Down: Great team player’s spirit here! it’s all hands on deck for whatever needs to be done.
- Traffic/Parking: Directing vehicles throughout site, assisting with parking arrangements,vehicle-ticket checks. Requires a friendly, mature, keep-your-cool attitude!
- Hospitality/Welcome Committee: Working at the entrance gates to welcome guests, answer questions and hand out flyers. Outgoing personality! Excellent public relations skills and a good understanding of Festival Events.
- Enviro-Maintenance: Garbage and recycling collection around the site. Great for the physically fit early riser!
- Catering & Meal Service: Working with the catering manager prepping meals and peeling spuds! Valid Food Safe certification is required.
- Floater: Will work in a multitude of positions.
Please feel free to let us know in your notes if you have experience or interest in a position that isn’t listed above and we will do our best to place you in a suitable department.
HOW MANY SHIFTS ARE VOLUNTEERS REQUIRED TO WORK?
Volunteers are required to complete a minimum of 4 shifts to fulfill the volunteer requirements which provides you with a full weekend pass. Those only wanting to work one day can earn a single day pass, rather than a weekend pass. If a volunteer has worked 4 shifts and earned a weekend pass, they can continue to work for another pass or to upgrade. All shifts are assigned by the Volunteer Coordinator. Each volunteer shift will be a minimum of 6 hours in length and will occur during the four days of the festival, or before the festival to help with setup and post festival for tear down.
- Volunteers are representatives of Rockin’ River productions and are required to conduct themselves accordingly being friendly and respectful to patrons, staff and their fellow volunteers at all times.
- Inappropriate behaviour including negative comments in regards to the festival, foul language, arguing with patrons, staff & fellow volunteers will not be tolerated. Failure to comply will result in a loss of all volunteer privileges and immediate surrender of wristband and expulsion from the festival.
- There is a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY towards volunteers under the influence of drugs and /or alcohol while on shift. Failure to comply will result in a loss of all volunteer privileges and immediate surrender of wristband and expulsion from the festival.
- Volunteers are PROHIBITED to wear Rockin’ River Volunteer T-shirts when not on a shift.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS AND HOW ARE VOLUNTEERS CHOSEN?
- All prospective volunteers must submit an online Volunteer Application Form.
- All application forms are reviewed by members of the Volunteer Coordinating Team.
- All volunteer applicants who meet with the volunteer criteria will be contacted by email by a member of the Volunteer Coordinating Team to review your application and requested positions.
- All approved volunteer applicants will be emailed a Volunteer Information Package.
WHAT DOES ROCKIN’ RIVER FEST PROVIDE TO THE VOLUNTEERS?
- Pre-Event confirmation via email of an outline of the job description for the assigned position and a work schedule.
- One on-site wristband, per shift worked, allowing you onto the show grounds for the day you worked. Wristbands will be handed out on a per show-day basis, regardless of whether all volunteering time has been fulfilled. No exceptions.
- Volunteers who have specified they will be camping will receive when they arrive on site Camping Pass and will be placed in the volunteer camp grounds.
- Volunteers who have specified they will require parking will receive when they arrive on site a daily Parking Pass. It is at the discretion of the Volunteer Coordinator if 4 Day Parking passes are to be issued to individual volunteers.
- Volunteer will receive 1 volunteer shirt. Based on where they will be deployed the shirts colours may vary. More than one shirt may be issued depending on the volunteer schedule and assignments.
- Volunteers are prohibited to wear Festival Volunteer shirts when not on shift. Volunteer shirts may not be modified in any way with the exception of cutting off the sleeves at the shoulder seam. If in doubt ask your volunteer coordinator. Tying shirts to make them shorter, cut lower or made to be more revealing will not be tolerated.
- Volunteers will receive 1 bagged meal to be issued on a daily basis by the Volunteer Coordinator. Water and light snacks will be available at all times at the volunteer tent.
- Volunteers will be responsible on shift for their own personal comfort we suggest you bring:
Comfortable Clothes & Footwear
*This Ticket is subject to revocation with denial of admission or removal from the facility without compensation at management’s discretion should the holder act in a disorderly manner or violate management’s rules or regulations. Holder agrees not to transmit or aid in transmitting any description or picture of this event. Breach of the foregoing terminates this license. Persons entering the facility may be subjected to searches for weapons, contraband, professional cameras, video equipment and recording devices, or other items which are expressly forbidden on the facility premises and are subject to confiscation. By coming onto the festival site you are agreeing that any photo/video (electronic or digital) taken of you or in which you may appear may be used by the Rockin’ River Music Festival, also known as Merritt Rockin’ River Fest, for any purpose, including publicity and commercial exploitation and this shall constitute your consent to such use. All images will be used in good taste and never to defame someone. The resale or attempted resale of this ticket at a price higher than appearing heron is grounds for seizure and cancellation of this ticket without compensation. Tickets obtained from unauthorized sources may be lost, stolen or counterfeit and if so are void. Holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which this ticket is issued, whether occurring prior to, during or after the same, including, without limitation, injury, injury from objects, acts of others, etc., and holder agrees that the facility, promoter, organization, agents, participants, sponsors, and/or related persons are not responsible or liable for any injuries, expenses, claims or liabilities resulting from or related to such causes. This ticket may not be used for promotional purposes without the written consent of Rockin’ River Music Fest. Rockin’ River Music Fest is a registered trademark of Merritt Rockin’ River Fest Inc. Age restrictions in side stage areas. Tickets are valid for one person only. No food or beverage carry-ins allowed in concert areas. No video cameras allowed in concert area. Tickets assigned on a first come first serve basis. All sales are final. No refunds. All tickets subject to availability. Alcohol is only served in licensed designated areas on the festival grounds. Ticket purchase implies acceptance to conditions outlined in festival information and tickets. Rockin’ River Music Fest assumes no liability for personal loss, injury, death, property damage, or other related harm suffered by participants, spectators, event site, owners or lessees, and others who may be adversely affected by Rockin’ River Music Fest. NO REFUNDS, EVENT DATE, ENTERTAINMENT, SCHEDULED PERFORMANCES AND TIMES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. NO PETS ALLOWED ON SHOW SITE.
NO LIQUOR SERVICE TO MINORS – must be 19 years of age or older
2 Pieces of ID Required:
ID #1: Must include Name, Address, Birthdate & Picture (example: Driver’s Licence, Passport, BCID, etc.)
ID #2: Must include persons signature and/or picture (example: Credit Card, Social Insurance Card, BC Services Card, etc.)
Patrons who provide the valid ID will be wristbanded at the show site entrance – these must be worn at all times in order to purchase tokens, order or consume alcohol.
Regardless of wristband, any event staff may confirm ID at any time – keep it handy!
We reserve the right to refuse bar service.
Any patrons who are deemed to be overly intoxicated or behave in a manner that constitutes a safety risk will be refused entry or removed from festival grounds. NO EXCEPTIONS.
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY!!
- Please ensure you have booked the correct size campsite(s) to fit your vehicle and optionally your tent.
- Misrepresentation of information regarding your vehicle/tent size may cause relocation to another campsite if available. In such situations, Rockin’ River Management reserves the right to cancel the campsite(s) reservation without a refund and there will be no renewal issued for the following year.
- You must be able to fit your vehicle and all other camping gear within your site – not on the roadways as they must remain accessible for through traffic and emergency vehicles at all times.
- Only 2 steering wheels per site. Two camping vehicle tags will be issued per campsite.
- Anyone in the campground must have a festival ticket for that day or full event (General Admission, Party Zone, Party Patio or Reserved Seating ticket).
- Reserved camping is for the whole weekend there will be NO SINGLE DAY Reserved Camping.
- Reserved camping is for 4 days from Thursday, August 3rd at 10AM until – Monday August 7th at 12:00 noon
- The camping gates will be open at 10AM on Thursday, August 3rd and 10:30AM on the Friday/Saturday and 11:30PM on the Sunday. On all four days they will close at 10:30PM to new entrants.
- All Reserved campers must be in their sites by Sunday, August 6th at 1PM. Any unoccupied Campsite(s) at that time may be re-sold and no refund will be issued to the original purchaser.
- All camper’s sites must be clean and campers must be off the show-grounds by 12:00 noon Monday, August 7th – No exceptions.
- All campsites are dry self contained camping and there are no hookups provided. There are no water or other services available. You must be self-contained so please come prepared.
- Generators are acceptable, but we ask that you bring a generator with limited noise output. Customers with excessively loud generators may be asked to shut them down. You may run your generator from 10:00 am – 11:59PM daily. Please DO NOT leave your generator running while you run into town or are in the festival.
- All campsites are numbered and camper’s information recorded for safety and security purposes, as well a fine of up to $250.00 is applicable if campsites are not left clean and tidy of all debris.
- If a site is blackened out this means it has already been purchased and it not available.
- Handicapped Camping – To be issued a handicap campsite we will require proof of pass. Please contact our hotline number at 1-877-307-4837 for booking all handicap campsites.
- There are no refunds on camp sites.
- Picture identification will be required on site to issue your reserved camping sticker(s). Acceptable forms of identification: Driver’s License / BC ID/ Valid Passport.
- DO NOT BLOCK ROADWAYS – Please respect all parking rules and signs.
- NO CAMP FIRES OR OPEN FIRES OF ANY KIND ARE ALLOWED.
- NOISE CURFEW: Varies with each campground. Tumbleweed is intended for families, and as such has a Midnight noise curfew. Ventura is intended for staff, volunteers, vendors and sponsors and as such has a Midnight noise curfew as well. Kahuna, Deadwood, Bigwood and single day camping have a 2 am curfew. Chattahoochee and Hoodoo Ridge is meant for the rowdier crowds and has a 3 am curfew. Loud music /noise after curfew will not be permitted and strictly enforced. Violation of this policy will be cause for eviction from the campground and the festival grounds.
- ABSOLUTELY NO MOTORIZED VEHICLES ALLOWED roaming through the campgrounds at any time. This is a safety issue and will be strictly enforced. Violation of this policy will be cause for eviction from the campground and the festival grounds.
- Rockin’ River has a NO GLASS POLICY in effect on the entire show-grounds. Please use plastic containers or cans. Glass containers of any kind outside of your own campsite will be confiscated.
- Camping area is not a licensed area; you are not allowed to walk around the campgrounds with liquor. If you’re drinking please keep it contained within your site.
- NO GANG AFFILIATED COLOURS ARE ALLOWED ANYWHERE ON THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS – As According to BC Legislative Laws. Your cooperation and patronage is greatly appreciated.
- PETS – We recommend you leave your pets at home, however if this is not possible, please be advised pets are not allowed on the show-grounds and must be on a leash at all times in the campgrounds. And PLEASE DO NOT leave your dog in your car! Please be a responsible pet owner.
- CLEAN YOUR SITE(S) BEFORE YOU LEAVE. Thank you!– Garbage pick-ups will be on going daily throughout the weekend.